Δείτε τη συλλογή φωτογραφιών
Sustainable practices have been implemented in our school since 2009, participating in actions concerning the protection of the environment.
The constant amelioration of the quality of our services and the support and improvement of our environmental consciousness was accredited this year, according to the demands of the EN ISO 9001:2015 and EN ISO 14001:2015 standards respectively by TÜV Austria.
Our School's philosophy regarding recycling is not only the application and increase of the number of recyclable materials but the economy of those that we use every day and burden the environment. Thus, we learn to minimize the consumption of products made from non-environmentally friendly materials, and at the same time, we emphasize the use of organics.
“We give a second life to the materials we use’’
Our orientation is a development that meets the needs of the present in such a way that future generations are not deprived of the opportunity to satisfy their own. A development synonymous with self-sufficiency is sought.
The aim is to educate children in a way that they feel empowered to cause change. Participation in Social Sustainability actions becomes necessary because only cohesive societies can contribute to the protection of the environment.
- In 2009, a Sustainable School Committee was established and a Sustainable Management Plan was drawn up, which is still being implemented today.
- Sustainable practices are implemented by all staff and refined over the long term.
- The proposals for the actions are initiated by the children, transferred by the teachers to the councils, and all put under discussion until a mutually acceptable way of implementing the action is found.
- Constantly updated by experts and after a series of awards won over the years, a strong mobilization was given
- 2021 Acquisition EN ISO 9001:2015 and EN ISO 14001:2015 standards respectively by TÜV Austria.
PILLARS of SUSTAINABLE MANAGEMENT PLAN
- Recycling, composting, gardening
- Energy saving
- Reduction of water consumption
- Health and safety in the school environment
- Healthy diet
- Cultivating skills for making decisions and formulating actions
- Acceptance of the different Promotions of art and culture
- Supporting our fellow human beings in need
EDUCATIONAL ADVANTAGES OF A SUSTAINABLE SCHOOL
- Lesson outside the classroom
- Educational visits Recognizing the needs and wants of all children
- Ensuring a democratic climate
- Work in groups Experiential learning
- Use of rich educational materials
- Theatrical game Development of critical thinking
- Active participation of all children according to their developmental level
The main advantage is that the student’s participation in activities establishes their feelings of self-esteem and self-respect. In this way, they will be able to respond adequately to the environmental and social problems they will face in their adult lives.